~The Catch-All Drawer~

Friday, April 22, 2005

Math Flash: 1 pair = 2
There are 12" identical rear wheels on the transport chair I got for Mrs BB over the web some time back. A rear bearing is click-clacking so I called an 800 number to the place in CA to order a part. You had to get the wheel to get the bearing, so I ordered two wheels so they would look the same, and we would have a spare. So far so good.

Then I got an email that they couldn't ship my order as placed. Quite stupid, really:
"rear wheels for item # NOV-330 the delux lightweight transport chair not sold in paris, only one at a time." (sic)
So I confirmed with them that 2 would be fine, since they can not sell me a pair. I thought to myself (and my blog), "Same price, so why did they bother telling me this?" I felt like Jack Nicholson in that sandwich scene in whatever that movie was.
And what's with Paris, anyway?

Tossed in by: R.G.B.
. . . Friday, April 22, 2005

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


Math Flash: 1 pair = 2