~The Catch-All Drawer~

Saturday, October 01, 2005

Million Dollar Challenge
As I get older, instead of getting wiser, I find my mind actually likes toying with the things I would have scoffed at years ago. Predetermined paths, suspect coincidences, sixth senses and myths of various sorts all are rejected by my logical self but I find the parenthetical caveat (But who knows?) showing up more and more.

One voice that has not wavered is James Randi, debunker extraordinaire. His foundation "is committed to providing reliable information about paranormal claims. It both supports and conducts original research into such claims."
His long-standing (1964) million dollar challenge really says a lot, though.

Million Dollar Challenge: "one-million-dollar prize to anyone who can show, under proper observing conditions, evidence of any paranormal, supernatural, or occult power or event.
. . . .
To date, no one has ever passed the preliminary tests."

Tossed in by: R.G.B.
. . . Saturday, October 01, 2005

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


Million Dollar Challenge