~The Catch-All Drawer~

Friday, August 25, 2006

Pluto; Dwarf Planet (Ice ball)
I had just thought of changing the mnemonic now that pluto has been demoted, and wrote
It used to be "My Very Educated Mother Just Served Us Nine Pies". Now it might be:
"My Very Educated Mother Just Showed Us Nothing" .
Then I ran across this Boing-Boing posting which topped it:
Boing Boing: : "Post-Pluto mnemonics for the planets Jason Kottke and Meg Hourihan held a competition to come up with a better mnemonic for the planets' names in the wake of yesterday's decision to demote Pluto from planet-status. The winner, Josh Mishell's

My! Very educated morons just screwed up numerous planetariums

is great, as are the runners-up:

Many Very Earnest Men Just Snubbed Unfortunate Ninth Planet (Dave Child)

'My vision, erased. Mercy! Just some underachiever now.'
(Delia, as spoken by Pluto discoverer Clyde Tombaugh)

Most vexing experience, mother just served us nothing! (Bart Baxter)"

Tossed in by: R.G.B.
. . . Friday, August 25, 2006

1 Comments:

I used to say
"My very elegant mother just served us nine pies", now perhaps I'll say
"My very exotic mother just served us nachos."

Post a Comment


Pluto; Dwarf Planet (Ice ball)